Monday, March 21, 2011

Installing Fonts in the Gnome Desktop [The Easy Way]

I found the information on how to do this at http://www.bomahy.nl/hylke/blog/adding-fonts-in-gnome/. The reason I am duplicating it here is because if I don't, with my luck, the website will disappear and we will all be lost forever!


Here we go (if you click the link above, the article is actually longer, but I took the part that actually does the job and pasted it here):



Adding fonts in GNOME

Saturday, July 25th, 2009

  1. Go to your home folder
  2. Enable “Show Hidden Files” option from Nautilus View menu
  3. Then create new folder with name “.fonts” (with dot in front)
  4. Now in new folder copy all your true type fonts
  5. Now restart and new fonts will be in use.
By the way, this is Linux! You don’t have to restart just run`sudo fc-cache -f -v` in a terminal. But you probably already knew that. Easy isn’t it?

No comments: